Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Waiting

It seems to me God does much more waiting on us than we do on Him. I passed a reader board yesterday at a local church with this message, "We need to talk. (signed) God." At the end of a hectic 3 or 4 days, I had to agree with the sign.
Those who hope in the Lord, will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31
The Psalms, too, have many reminders to wait on God. At a gathering of fellow Christians last night, we were reminded to take some time with God at the start of each new day, before we begin our work. Then we'll have what we need -- strength, energy, direction, purpose, creativity, etc. -- for the day. He's just waiting to hear from us.

3 comments:

LadyJane said...

Good thoughts, Tracie. Not only do we need to spend time with God, we need to "wait" -- and that sometimes means we have to sit and be quiet and meditate. I think that's what it also means to "wait." I need to remember that, so I don't just read, talk to Him and run off to start my day. Thanks for the reminder.

theskett said...

First, I need to change my thinking. My initial reaction is "who has time to sit and wait?" That line of thought needs to change.

Scamper said...

One of my favorite verses! "They will soar on wings like eagles;"
Fine, I guess God waits on me more than I wait on Him. I will focus on waiting less. But it's hard :)