Tuesday, June 3, 2008

perspectives of God

Over the weekend I read The Shack. It presents a different perspective of God, but I felt it brings God to life. I found myself thinking, I want to read parts of this book again, I don't want to forget some of these ideas. I can see why the book is controversial, but as I read, often it reminded me of specific places in Scripture, enough so that I feel that it lines up with the Bible, for the most part. Granted, it is fiction, and should be treated as such. But I believe Christian fiction also contains truth, and we can learn and grow even through story, just as we can through music. I would love to go back sometime and see if I can make even more direct links to the Bible, and study the Bible more as a base for my perspectives on God.

No comments: