Wednesday, March 5, 2008

posting

Apparently, the way to add people as "authors," which means you can create your own posts, in addition to commenting on posts I make, is for me to type in addresses individually. I read through some blogger help sites, and didn't find any other solutions, at least in this platform. So as you log on to the blog and begin to post, I'll add your name to the authors list. Blogger will generate an "invitation" email even though you've already posted on the blog. Accept the invitation if you want to write your own posts. How on earth would I explain all this to teachers and students in the classroom? I agree with bonbon, I cannot writing a book on blogging, but I am doing so anyway!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Hey there, Ms. Otter. I've nothing profound to add at this time on a Wednesday night, but I certainly do wish you well in your endeavor. And, I might add, that I haven't seen you over on my blog for a while. My personal life has interupted the usual flow, but there should be posts aplenty in the next few days. Even though I took a break from writing, the cooking never stopped!

theskett said...

I know I haven't been to your blog, I just picked up the blogging again this week now that the Tighe contract is finished. I'll check it out (if I remember) after our walk. I'm sure at some point you'll have something "profound" to contribute here--your brain should start to come back to life now that you have one less stress!

Scamper said...

blogs can be threads that lead to converstations. The best of luck, and I will try to look on this as often as I can

theskett said...

Scamper,
Hope to see you around!

Anonymous said...

This blogging thing is a mystery to me. Since I write them--mysteries that is, I should be able to figure this out. :-)

Mystery lady.

theskett said...

Not too mysterious, really. And, I found another blog platform that will let you do linked web pages and I don't know what else. Still delving into the mysteries of that one. I sent a brief note to Birdie--will copy you.