Thursday, March 6, 2008

Time gets away

Today time got away from me and I didn't get to read or study this morning. Breakfast, walk, a few phone calls, prepare for students, teach, and the day was off to a running start. I may yet get to it this afternoon, as things have slowed down. What do you do on those days when time gets away without reading God's Word?
As I walked back and forth doing things this morning, I could see the book I intended to use to guide my reading sitting on the coffee table. Yesterday I got out the Book of Common Prayer and another, similar, book written by an acquaintance a few years ago. My thinking was these books would guide reading through this season just prior to Easter.
It all seems to go together--the recognition of sin by the prophets (see Isaiah 6:5-8 for one prophet's specific comments), the discussion in our Tuesday Bible study group on 1 Corinthians, and the season of Lent.

No comments: